Who is Aled Hughes
Aled Hughes is the founder of Codex Kids. – Fundamental Movement Skills Coach – Fundamental Movements Skills Specialist.
- Qualified Fundamental Movement Coach SAQ
- Quaified Physical Education Teacher
- Speed Coach at Mount Merrion Athletics Club
- Certified Youth Fitness Trainer
- IRB Level 1 S & C Coach
- IRFU S & C Coach
- IRFU Level 1 Rugby Coach
- BA Hons Human Movement Studies
- LTA Professional Tennis Coach
- Qualified Sports coach in – Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Hockey, Football & Volleyball
Originally from West Wales, Aled had a strong background in playing rugby and tennis.
With a degree in Human Movement Studies (BE’d Hons), Aled starting his sports coaching career in Tennis. After completing his LTA Professional Tennis Coaches Award in the UK he joined David LLoyd Leisure as a Raquets Manager. He helped develop tennis programmes into indoor tennis centres around the UK, and then was brought over to Dublin to help open Riverview in Clonskeagh.
Whilst there, Aled developed Codex Kids. With 3,000 junior members participating in the sports programmes, Aled felt the need to develop a pathway for young athletes to follow. Through the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Pathway Aled developed the FUNdamental phase through Codex Kids.
- With the success of the programme, Codex Kids is now running in many school and clubs within Ireland.
- Codex Kids focuses on developing the fundamental movement skills in a fun and structured format.
- Aled has also developed Speed4Sports and exsportise to develop a broader brand within sports coaching.
Aled is also the Director of Athletics
Head Coach at Mount Merrion Athletics Club.
He developed the club with 9 other local adults who had an interest in developing an athletics club. To date it is a great addition to the local sports clubs and it teaches children, how to run, throw and jump within the athletic disciplines. Aled has a passion as a speed coach and running coach within the Dublin region.
Please feel free to contact Aled at any time.